For Registered BOS Artists:
SAVE THE DATES:
All BOS participating artists are invited to the following. Feel free to bring food/drink if you like. Please RSVP only if you plan to attend by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
To Be Announced
Artist Tips for Success
How to Prepare for BOS
Make sure the information on your artist page is correct and that only the highest quality images have been selected. We try to promote our BOS artists every chance we get, so make sure your images are cropped properly and Never send out blurry photos!
Establishing an online presence is so important. We cannot promote you on social media if you're not already on social media. If you do not have a personal website for your artwork, now is a good time to get one.
Set your intentions. Many BOS artists make substantial sales during the weekend. If this is your goal make sure you have a price list available. Business cards and guest books are also a good idea.
Make sure there is ample signage to your studio. Make it easy for visitors to find you esp. if you're in a building with other artists.
Get the word out. Publicize BOS on all your social media and be sure to hashtag #Beaconarts and #beaconopenstudios every time! Send notifications to your email lists, and share our Facebook page events!
Artist Info. for Kickoff Party & Exhibition
Friday, May 17th 2019
Oak Vino Wine Bar
6pm to 9pm
This party will kick off the Beacon Open Studios weekend with an exhibit of all the participating artist. Each registered artist may submit one artwork for the Kickoff exhibition.
The art work drop off for this event will take place on Friday, May 10th from 6pm to 8pm. All artist may submit on image no larger than 36"x36". When you drop off your work you must sign a contract in order for it to be stored and provide the title of your work a long with the price (if it's for sale).
At this time you will receive multiple copies of the catalog for you to hand out or have available at your location and a sign to place outside of your location to help visitor find you.
If you are unable to meet at this time please email me as soon as possible at email@example.com to make other arrangements. This show will be hung on Wednesday, May 15th so it is vital we receive all work before this date.
As always, BOS relies on volunteers to help put this event together. We can always use more volunteers!
Download and Print the BOS logo
What to Expect at BOS
BOS is a weekend long event that starts with the Kickoff celebration Friday evening. Saturday and Sunday studios are open to the public 12-6pm. Depending on the weather and the location of each studio, artists can expect to see between 40-60 visitors each day. Someone is expected to be at your studio space at all times, so if you plan to run out for food or to look at other artwork, please make sure someone is there to greet visitors.
Visitors expect to have a unique experience at each different studio location. It is entirely up to each artist to set the tone. Feel free to set up your space the way you want your visitors to experience it! Remember that this is an Open Studio event. Visitors want to see how and where things are made, and are just as interested in the space you work in as in the artwork itself.
Reasons to participate in
Beacon Open Studios
- Exposure - 2019 marks the 11th Anniversary of BOS! It is now one of the largest events of its kind in the Hudson Valley, anticipated by artists and visitors alike. Each year the thousands of visitors who come to BOS confirm Beacon as the cultural destination it has become. For working artists this is a unique opportunity to show the public what you've been working on, get feedback, network with other artists, collectors, curators and gallerists.
- Artists are featured on our website, social media, and the color catalog printed each year. We regularly post artist's images and website links.
- Sales - BOS is an opportunity to sell your artwork without paying a commission fee. You choose the sale price and personally connect with the people interested in your work. It's a chance to form lasting relationships with collectors and future collectors of your work. Many participating artists make substantial sales during BOS weekend.
- BOS is offered by Beacon Arts, a 501 (c)(3) organization which relies mostly on donations, and is entirely run by volunteers. When you participate in BOS you're investing in it's future and future events like it. The more successful BOS is, the more opportunity for future funding for the arts in Beacon. Let's keep it thriving!
New for 2019
- Registration costs will be kept the same
- Categories for Artist Mediums were expanded to include: Drawing . Painting . Sculpture . Photography . Mixed Media . Printmaking . Ceramics/Pottery . Bookmaking . Glass Art . Video/Film . Jewelry . Illustration . Textile Art . Furniture Making . Digital Art . Performance/Dance/Theater . Writing
- and the BOS Catalogs/Maps got a much needed facelift!