For Registered BOS Artists:
Reasons to participate in
Beacon Open Studios
- Exposure - 2019 marks the 11th Anniversary of BOS! It is now one of the largest events of its kind in the Hudson Valley, anticipated by artists and visitors alike. Each year the thousands of visitors who come to BOS confirm Beacon as the cultural destination it has become. For working artists this is a unique opportunity to show the public what you've been working on, get feedback, network with other artists, collectors, curators and gallerists.
- Artists are featured on our website, social media, and the color catalog printed each year. We regularly post artist's images and website links.
- Sales - BOS is an opportunity to sell your artwork without paying a commission fee. You choose the sale price and personally connect with the people interested in your work. It's a chance to form lasting relationships with collectors and future collectors of your work. Many participating artists make substantial sales during BOS weekend.
- BOS is offered by Beacon Arts, a 501 (c)(3) organization which relies mostly on donations, and is entirely run by volunteers. When you participate in BOS you're investing in it's future and future events like it. The more successful BOS is, the more opportunity for future funding for the arts in Beacon. Let's keep it thriving!
New for 2020
- Registration costs will be kept the same
- Categories for Artist Mediums were expanded to include: Drawing . Painting . Sculpture . Photography . Mixed Media . Printmaking . Ceramics/Pottery . Bookmaking . Glass Art . Video/Film . Jewelry . Illustration . Textile Art . Furniture Making . Digital Art . Performance/Dance/Theater . Writing
- Check the website often for new updates!